Oracle BI EE 10.1.3.3.3 – Released and Out for Download
Posted by Venkatakrishnan J on May 10, 2008
Well, it looks like the wait is over and 10.1.3.3.3 version of BI EE has been released. You can download it from here and the documentation is here. Unfortunately, there is not even one new major feature that has been added to BI EE. But BI Publisher has some good new features. Below is the quote from the New Features guide.
Oracle BI Enterprise Edition Version 10.1.3.3.3 contains no new features.
However, Oracle BI Publisher Version 10.1.3.3.3 contains new features. For more information about the new Oracle BI Publisher features, refer to the Oracle Business Intelligence New Features Guide Version 10.1.3.3.3.
Tim has already blogged about the new features of BI Publisher here. On a high level, below are the new features that have been added to BI Publisher.
1. JDBC DataDirect drivers for DB2 (v8.1,v9.1), MS SQL Server (2000,2005), Oracle (9i, 10g) are now bundled in BI Publisher 10.1.3.3.3
2. New option to enable/disable the “Link to this Report” link in every report.
3. Support for Pagination in RTF Output and more
4. Support for multiple cascading parameters.
5. Support for vertical alignment of external graphics
6. Support for multiple currency symbol display in reports
I have a hunch that 10.1.3.3.3 might have some critical bug fixes especially surrounding BI EE – Essbase connectivity. Let me play around more with this release to find out what more has been added/fixed.